Thursday, November 26, 2009

Shuunya's One Year reminded me of my own post a year ago. This is what I had written...

I know what's going to happen after today..

1. There will be widespread condemnation of the terror attack on Mumbai. Everyone from Aso to Zardari would speak in the same language.

2. The Indian government would vow strict action against those responsible and promise to bring more changes.

3. Opposition parties would take the government to the cleaners. LK Advani would cry his hoarse throat worse by saying we told you so...

4. With the ATS bosses gone - The Malegaon case would now soon slip into oblivion

5. Since the perpetrators of the Mumbai attack were apparently Muslim Jihadis, the Thackreys and Togadias of the world would find more ammo to fuel their rabid, radical, anti-Muslim Hindutva.

6. The news channels, specially Barkha Dutt will have another field day(s) and later thump their chests for bringing the maximum number of exclusives.

7. Three days later when the people are back on the streets, the 'indomitable spirit of Mumbai' will make headlines again

8. The ISI, LET and the underworld, along with Al-Qaeda will be the prime suspects

9. All of us will shake our heads, check with our friends and relatives in Mumbai for their safety and then move on

10. There will be another date to remember 26/11"


With the thankful exclusion of point #10... everything else happened just the way I said. Maybe I should become a soothsayer now and make lots of money predicting stuff one of the stupid news channels. Or maybe the situation these days is such, that even a nitwit like me knows what'll happen next. So I just grin, bear it and hope that the next bomb doesn't kill me or anyone I love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

touché

-serendipity

Sidhusaaheb said...

Bang on target!