Monday, May 18, 2009

And I thought I had seen it all..

Late night TV these days usuall consists of downright hilarious Teleshopping ads peddling anything from slimming tablets, fancy kitchen implements or gemstones (the K'Ekta Kapur variety) promising untold fortunes.

But what turned up in an ad on my Facebook home page takes the cake - it sells 'Luxury Mangalsutras'!! Didn't know that these to came in the Bentley / Rolls Royce version !! But what takes the cake is the name of the website peddling them, it's called www.stylevati.com - now that takes full marks for ingenuity from me...

Here's a reproduction of the ad - see it for yourself


(by the way, Google Chrome advises against visiting the site as it appears to host malware... so browse at your own risk)

1 comment:

Sidhusaaheb said...

Beats me what any one could do to add an element of 'luxury' to a mangalsutra!

:D