Thursday, April 06, 2006

Frames

Agra - December 2005: While I have seen people try all sorts of poses in front of the Taj Mahal, this one was truly innovative. The photographer made this poor guy jump at least 3-4 times before getting it right. I - got it right the second time :o) People go great lengths to get just that right shot, this guy went high. His enthusiasm was unfaltering, every time the photographer asked him for a retake, his smile got bigger !!


Delhi - November 2005 : After a long tiring day I was driving home when I saw this gorgeous golden sun set. Was busy focusing on the big ball of fire when the he auto walked into the picture at just about the right time. There is something magical about sunrises and sunsets that lures me. Every time I look at them, I discover new shades of red, orange, gold and a myriad of other colors. There is something so mystic about them. In the sunset of my life, I will write a book about them. But the best sunrises / sunsets are the ones of which I do not have pictures. No camera could have ever done justice to them. All you need is a cigarette, a coffee and some solitude.



Chandigarh - November 2005: Nek Chand's Rock Garden is one fascinating place. But these figures made of broken plates, cups, shit pots and tiles enchanted me no end. There was something so mysterious about them that I just couldn't take my eyes off. Who are they? What were they thinking? Why were they sitting like that? Every change in the angle added a new dimension to the whole mystery. These men of cement and china... seemed to have a life of their own.

Bhongir - September 2004: After a long and tiring climb up the hill to reach the Bhongir fort, I came across these kids who were busy playing cops and robbers. Running around as they were in the open expanse on the summit, they seemed like kings of all they surveyed and the whole world seemed theirs. I guess that's why the cop would settle for nothing less than this old disused cannon to fire at the robbers. I wish I had a playground like this. I wish I had a life like this. I wish I was Peter Pan....
















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think you should do some close ups of these young children...who alomost always find a place in ur frames :)

Something tells me you'd do a good job...