Saturday, July 31, 2010

It was you who found me right? At a place now obscured by the wisps of time. There I was, hiding as much as from everyone as from myself. You took my hand, not bothered by the fact that it was shrivelled and hideous. You held me close, making me forget my fear of being seen by the world,

I still remember you lovingly feeding me my first decent meal in weeks. That night I slept, for the first time in months clutched to your breast. When morning came, you were still there, caressing my smelly, matted hair.

I never knew happiness like that and have never known it since then. For war and death took you away again.

Years later, I saw you again, on the other side of the river. I still walk along the banks today, hoping to come to a bridge. But for the moment it seems we're two shiny rails running together forever but the twain shall never meet.

No comments: