Monday, August 03, 2009

August

You tended my wounds when she died... you were awake with me all night on many a night... you were the pillars of my life.

I've spent many sleepless nights wishing I too was in that car with you ... many sleepless nights cursing the one that ran way.

Many sleepless nights remembering that day when you told me that you'd sing "I'll be missing you" by Puff Daddy when I die... instead it was me who was left standing in the rain to identify your dead bodies.

Years have gone by and life has unsuccesfully tried to sandpaper the jagged edges.. but in August those edges hurt even more.

3 comments:

shuunya said...

The hurt never goes, does it?

And it's only my first August. Sigh.

Sidhusaaheb said...

ChhaaN badlaaN di umar bandyaaN di

(The lives of human beings are as transitory as the shadows that clouds cast upon land.)

- Waris Shah

~nm said...

I've no words to describe what I felt after I read these lines...they are so painful....